A Simple Life centres around the moving relationship between an ageing servant and her employer, now a successful film producer. Ah Tao (Deanie Ip) has served a Hong Kong household for 60 years, and now that most of the family have emigrated to the US, she remains as the dutiful maid to Roger, the youngest son (Andy Lau), sharing his compact apartment. One day Roger comes home from work to find that Tao has suffered a stroke.
Roger rushes her to hospital, where she announces that she wants to retire and move to a nursing home. As the days go by, and Tao's health starts to deteriorate, the tables are turned and Roger slowly transforms from the detached single man to the devoted carer of an elderly servant, as if she were his mother.
A Simple Life, just answer the following simple question:
Andy Lau is perhaps best-known to UK audiences for his starring role in which Hong Kong crime thriller, later remade by Martin Scorsese as The Departed (2006).
a) Family Affairs
b) Infernal Affairs
c) Triad Island
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject ('Simple'), answer and postal address in the comment box provided.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook 'Like' list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
A Simple Life is available to own on DVD and Blu-ray from Monday 19 November, 2012, courtesy of Arrow Films.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 22 November, 2012.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.