The world outside has grown unkind, the view of it limited, talk of it forbidden. In the ruined and hostile landscape, in a future few have been unlucky enough to survive, a community exists in a giant underground silo. Inside, men and women live an enclosed life full of rules and regulations, of secrets and lies. To live, you must follow the rules. But some don't. These are the dangerous ones; these are the people who dare to hope and dream, and who infect others with their optimism. Their punishment is simple and deadly. They are given the very thing they profess to want: they are allowed outside.
Ridley Scott, who recently obtained the film rights to Wool, directed which of the following sci-fi movies last year?
a) John Carter
To enter, simply email your name, email address, subject ('Wool'), answer and postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook 'Like' list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
Hugh Howey's Wool is available to purchase now in hardback, courtesy of Century Publishing. Join the conversation about Wool on Twitter with the hashtag #thisiswool.
The competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 24 January, 2013.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.