In this first-ever big screen adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula, a simple real estate transaction leads an intrepid businessman deep into the superstitious heart of Transylvania. There he encounters the otherworldly Count Orlok - portrayed by the legendary Max Schreck, in a performance the very backstory of which has spawned its own mythology - who soon after embarks upon a cross-continental voyage to take up residence in a distant new land and establish his ambiguous dominion. As to whether the count's campaign against the plague-wracked populace erupts from satanic decree, erotic compulsion, or the simple impulse of survival - that remains, perhaps, the greatest mystery of all.
Which actor portrayed Nosferatu actor Max Schreck in the 2000 film Shadow of the Vampire.
a) Willem Dafoe
b) Udo Kier
c) John Malkovich
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject ('Nosferatu') answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook 'Like' list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
F.W. Murnau's Nosferatu is rereleased on DVD, Blu-ray and dual format steelbook from Monday 18 November, courtesy of Eureka Entertainment's Masters of Cinema label.
This competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 21 November, 2013.
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.