Focusing on the private life of arguably Britain's most famous author, Charles Dickens, The Invisible Woman follows Nelly (Felicity Jones), a happily married mother haunted by a past built upon the remorse and guilt resulting from her quiet but nevertheless scandalous affair with the great writer. Dickens, played by Fiennes, is revealed to be controlling and emotionally isolated within his fame and success whilst Nelly is forced into a life of invisibility as she becomes Dickens' muse and his passion. With a supporting cast that includes Kristin Scott Thomas, The Invisible Woman is at once a profoundly moving period drama and a rare insight into the life of a man everyone thinks they know about - essential summer viewing and further proof that Fiennes continues to get better and better.
The Invisible Woman's Ralph Fiennes played which character in the 2012 adaptation of Great Expectations?
a) Bentley Drummle
b) Joe Gargery
To enter, simply fill out the contact form below with your name, email address, subject ('The Invisible Woman') answer and postal address.*
*Please note that this is a special competition which only our Facebook and Twitter fans will be eligible to win. If you are not on our Facebook 'Like' list, then you can easily join us by following this link: facebook.com/CineVueUK and/or follow us on Twitter @CineVue.
The Invisible Woman is released on DVD and Blu-ray from Monday 16 June, courtesy of Lionsgate Home Entertainment.
This competition closes at 6pm on Thursday 19 June 2014.
Terms & Conditions
• The competition is open to UK readers only.
• Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
• CineVue does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet or email problems.
• CineVue reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
• Prizes unclaimed after 28 days will be deemed to have been forfeited.